Our client operates within the agricultural sector and aims to enhance trade relations, access and growth for their Australian suppliers into a number of international markets.
The organisation specialises in developing and adopting standards based on science, research and international precedents. Central to its mission is to foster best practice in the welfare and management of livestock.
Reporting to the CEO, this role is integral to the implementation of the program and will oversee operations in a number of overseas countries.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with government, industry bodies and board subcommittees to ensure the program, standards and rules are approved and ready for implementation;
- Evaluating relevant export markets and international trade partners, reporting findings and preparing recommendations for the CEO and the Board;
- Developing a detailed market “roll out” strategy, complete with market-specific launch programs, engagement approaches with participants and stakeholders; and providing oversight of the preparation and delivery of training materials and recommended software solutions;
- Ensuring assurance program operations, reporting and review processes align with compliance obligations and meet best practice standards;
- Developing a process for appointing and managing international certification bodies and auditors in line with program requirements;
- Working with Board subcommittees and contractors in investigating, evaluating and reporting compliance issues to the relevant authorities, and
- Championing a culture of continuous improvement in line with quality management principles to ensure the program’s viability and success.Success in this role requires strong commercial acumen, superior stakeholder engagement skills and demonstrated experience in project management.Ideally you have worked in a leadership capacity in a greenfield site and can support an evolving business meet tight deadlines and competing priorities.
Prior exposure to overseeing conformance programs, international trade, running tendering processes and/or, Quality Management Systems will be advantageous.
On a personal level you are proactive, an effective communicator and have worked in the agribusiness or export/international trade sector.
Business related Tertiary qualifications are essential. Overseas travel is an integral part of the role.
Please apply on-line or call Kelly Howard for a confidential conversation.
Your Job Consultant: Kelly Howard
Kelly is undoubtedly one of the State’s most successful recruiters in the Executive and Senior Accounting sector. She is widely regarded as the leading recruiter in her field and is well respected in the industry… Kelly’s most recent role prior to commencing Kelly Howard Recruitment was as a Director of a leading Queensland Recruitment Firm. She spent 10 years managing a number of their key accounts and was also their number one recruiter for many years.